Annual Tech Summit – virtually at your door
14th – 18th September 2020
A Connected Future – New Complexities | New Opportunities | New Normal
Track 1 – Smart Cities – 14th September 2020
Are Smart Cities a smart idea?
By 2050, 66% of the world’s population is expected to live in urban areas. The challenge will be in supplying these populations with basic resources like safe food, clean water and sufficient energy, while also ensuring overall economic, social and environmental sustainability. Smart Cities come from Smart designs. We must design with a citizen-centric approach so genuine human benefit can result and cities remain places to live as well as work.
This track will examine how leveraging digital technology is the key to delivering positive impact to urban regions.
Track 2 – Cyber Security – 15th September 2020
Designing for a New Era of Threats and Complexity.
We are now in a new era of cybersecurity where the focus has shifted from ‘security by prevention’ to ‘security by design’ With the volume of data, fuelled by connected devices, set to grow exponentially over the next 5 years, security by design is becoming a fundamental development approach to ensure security and privacy of devices and systems are maintained.
This track will examine how the design/architecture functions are increasingly driving the cyber security agenda within organisations, cities and society at large.
Track 3 – You Decide! it@cork TechFest-ers Vote – 16th September 2020
This year it@cork TechFest-ers get the opportunity to choose a track for TechFest.
it@cork want you to select your favourite track from the below list and let us know what track you would like to see at this year’s it@cork TechFest.
- The future of Education – can a contactless solution work?
- The future of fitness: a technology perspective
- Next Irish tech unicorn: Workhuman and Intercom became Irish tech ‘Unicorns’ in 2020. What is the future of Irish tech unicorns and is now the time to start a tech business?
- Making IT abroad: Irish tech entrepreneurs that have excelled abroad
Track 4 – Future of Work – 17th September 2020
Covid-19 has changed society, peoples thinking, values and outlook; possibly forever. It has also changed the workplace and forced employers to embrace remote working almost overnight.
Tech companies are leading the way in the transition to remote work environments. In May of this year, Google, Facebook and Twitter announced their intentions to offer employees the option to work remotely indefinitely.
The remote working movement will have a profound impact on the future of work such as:
- Any company can hire from a global talent pool
- Company culture will become increasingly output orientated rather than time based
- Will employees be compensated for cost of working expenses?
This track will explore the future of work and what it means for your company.
Track 5 – Digitalisation of Bio Pharma Manufacturing – 18th September 2020
Cork and the South-West region of Ireland are unique in terms of strong and vibrant clusters in ICT, medical devices, and pharma. With close to 14,000 people employed in the pharmaceutical, biopharma and medical technology sector and more than 30,000 employed in ICT sector in the region, the importance of these sectors to the region have never been greater.
This track will explore:
- The vast opportunities for convergence between ICT, biopharma, food and manufacturing 4.0.
- A focus on the power of data analytics and how it (data) can be effectively used in order to transform and evolve the biopharma and food processing environments.
- Explore what technologies are driving transformation and operational excellence in biopharma and food production industries resulting in superior outputs and products for the market.